Funding Mandate Data Plan Examples
- NSF 04-004. Division of Ocean Sciences: Data and Sample Policy.
- Division of Earth Sciences:Implementation of the NSF Data Sharing Policy. 2002.
- Social, Behavioral and Economic Sciences:Data Archiving Policy
- Science Resources Statistics: SRS Policy on Matching Non-SRS Data to Restricted-Use Data Sets
- Office of Polar Programs: Guidelines and Award Conditions for Scientific Data.1998.
- NSDL Solicitation – Metadata Requirements of the NSDL
National Data Management Reports
- Ensuring the Integrity, Accessibility, and Stewardship of Research Data in the Digital Age [PDF] (National Academies, 2009)
- Harnessing the Power of Digital Data for Science and Society [PDF](National Science and Technology Council, 2009)
- Beyond Being There: A Blueprint for Advancing the Design, Development, and Evaluation of Virtual Organizations [PDF] (National Science Foundation, 2008)
- Cyberinfrastructure Vision for 21st-Century Discovery [PDF] (National Science Foundation, 2007)
- Towards 2020 Science [PDF] (Microsoft Research, 2006)
- To Stand the Test of Time: Long-term Stewardship of Digital Data Sets in Science and Engineering [PDF] (American Research Libraries, 2006)
- Long-Lived Digital Data Collections Enabling Research and Education in the 21st Century [PDF] (National Science Board, 2005)
Data Curation, Digital Curation, and Data Archive Resources (U.S. and International)
- Dataverse Network Project
- Purdue University/D2C2 List of “Other Data Repositories”
- Wikipedia List of Open Data Repositories
Research Library Websites on Data Management Planning
ARL member libraries with structured comprehensive data management plans:
- University of Wisconsin
- University of Minnesota
- MIT Library
- University of Hawai’i at Manoa Library
- University of Virginia Library
- University of Michigan
- Duke University Libraries
- University of Connecticut
- “Best Practices for Preparing Environmental Data Sets to Share and Archive” – 2007 white paper by the Environmental Sciences Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory.
- ICPSR’s Guide to Social Science Data Preparation and Archiving, 4th Edition by the Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research.
- The University of Edinburgh Funder Policies – a compilation of the UK funding agency polices with respect to data management.